Tuesday, November 20

Day 20 - Magical Thinking


Magical Thinking has definitions based in alternative medicine, child psychology, and anthropology, for example. It's been used in a business leadership blog, and one should not forget The Year of Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion. But the use that resonated with me was described in an article from the Wall Street Journal - I'm Not Really Late, I'm Just Indulging in Magical Thinking. I am am particularly susceptible to being late by reason of magical thinking - ask my Mom. To quote my favorite part of the article - "Late people engage in magical thinking," she says. "They remember that day 10 years ago when they made it to work in seven minutes flat. That becomes their standard."

Ooops - I'm late. I have to finish cleaning the house for Thanksgiving Dinner at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment